Attendance is a vital component and predictor of our children’s success. Helping families take control of their student's information and attendance is an important part of scholastic success.
At TCMS, students will become lifelong learners and contributing members in a global society.
Key Information for Parents:
- You have unlimited doctor, dentist, therapy, or court notes.
- Parents can write up to 10 sick notes for tardies and 10 sick notes for full-day absences per year.
- There is a 3-day window to turn in notes after absences; notes will not count after that. This is Kentucky law, not Fayette County policy.
- Contact the school for funeral absences.
- Parents can write three (3) notes for family emergency days per year.
- Attendance can be monitored through the parent portal.
Excuse notes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 859-381-3060.
Excuse notes must contain:
- Name of student
- Date of absence(s) or tardies
- Reason for absence(s) or tardies
- Parent/Guardian signature and date
***An email without these items will not count towards an excused event***
Scan for District Attendance Policies